Life is what you make it. I recently moved from a quiet town in the country to chase my big city dreams. Nothing ever goes smoothly, nothing is ever what it seems, but everyday I am getting closer. I am yet another slightly less-than-average girl trying to find her way in London, and in life.

Friday, 3 October 2014

Something strange is going on

I think of myself as being fairly attractive. I'm a bit chunky in places, gangly tall and my hair isn't perfect by any stretch of the imagination, but I think I have good potential. I scrub up well.

So, imagine my disappointment, when in 24 hours I have had literally no success on Match. I thought I would be inundated with messages and date requests and wouldn't be able to get away from swathes of men desperate for my love. As we established yesterday, most people on dating sites are horrific, so I thought when I - a great catch - joined, I would get instant success.

I've been checking the app every few hours, and Mr Right has not found me yet. Mr Average and Mr Definitely Not Right But Let's Try It Anyway haven't even found me. What's going on? When did I become one of the desperate girls that you scroll past without a second glance?

My theory is that my account just cannot be live yet. It's the only feasible explanation.


No comments:

Post a Comment